"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Monday, January 25, 2010

10 Words

I am a member of the Write_Workshop and today my mission is to go through the Dictionary and fine ten words that I have never seen before and use them in my prose. To be honest I am not real sure what a prose is, so I am just going to assume she is meaning my WIP (work in progress).

This is what my list tooks like:
Conflagration: a large and destructive fire
Plenipotentiary: invested with full power
Conurbation: an aggregation or continuous network of urban communities
Tetchy: peevish; testy; irritable
Blackgaurd: a scoundrel
Cabal: a group that seeks power usually through intrigue
Plangent: beating with a loud or deep sound; also, expressing sadness
Laudable: worthy of praise; commendable
Obdurate: hardened in feelings or in wrongdoing; unyielding
Chthonic: dwelling in or under the earth; also, pertaining to the underworld

Thank goodness for Dictionary.com and their WORD OF THE DAY catalogue.
Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment