"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Not so Funny

Okay I just swallowed my heart back down my throat and it is securely back in it's rightful place now.
My laptop decided to play a practical joke on me. I was sitting here looking up the legend of St. Elmo's in CO when all of a sudden everything went dead. DEAD, not even that electric blue battery charging light was smiling up at me.
This entire months writings have not been saved on a flash drive, and only choppily saved elsewhere.
I hit the start button, nothing. By the third time I picked up my phone to call my husband at work. I won't deny, I had full intentions of ranting and freaking out, fully expecting him to fix the computer over the phone, 45 minutes away all while smiling lovingly at me...
Luckily (not sure if for my husband or myself) the trickster booted right back up just like nothing ever happened, in fact I felt a little as though it was mocking me, making sure I knew who was really in control here.
Needless to say I will not let a day go by, let alone a month, with out saving my days work in every possible way that i know how!

I am all for a funny joke, however I did not find the humor in this one.

Check out Candace Haven's new book "Take Me If You Dare". She is awesome, and she is from Texas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment