"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ideas

Today has been a gratifying day. While at the gym I managed to brainstorm a key plot to my current WIP (work in progress). Something that I have been struggling with for a while now.
Normally I keep a notebook with me at all times in case I have any valuable ideas pop into my thoughts at random times during my day. (Yes, even at the gym.)
But no, not today. Where was my notebook?
At home on the couch. Lot of good that did me, mid stride on the elliptical.
As soon as I put my son to bed, I hurriedly jotted all of my new found thoughts down as quick as I could (while trying to keep my ten month old off of the stairs).
So major hurdle overcome, now to just bring it to life...
It will take me a few days to throw it around in my head, but I have faith. Derek (my main male character) has been itching to get his side of the story heard and at long last, he will have his moment of glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment