"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday's



Here is it is folks! The cake that I decorated. I think it turned out fairly decent for my first cake. Now remember, I do not eat cake OR icing, so I can't tell you how it turned out taste wise!

My husband thought it was sad that I made my own birthday cake. Yesterday was my birthday and I took the cake to work to try and push it off onto my co-workers to devour. It worked. But in explaining that I made it in class, everyone thought I was going to school to be a cake decorator.

No, No, No.
I am trying to be a writer, not a cake decorator. Okay, I am a writer, I have just never had anything published. But at this moment, I spend more time writing than I do at my paying job.

As I mentioned yesterday was my birthday, woo hoo, and I did zero writing. So I am feeling like I am lagging behind. For my Candy Havens writer's workshop, my Agenda for this week is to have 5000 words written, and I am officially behind. I hate that, but I did have an awesome birthday. Oh well, I will just have to write more the remainder of this week.

In my last post I discussed maybe a new idea involving my newly honed cake decorating skills, well I laid in bed all night dreaming up my new characters life and troubles.

Now I need to jot everything down and stick my head back into Mady's world so that I can get her story out there. In fact I just recently finished writing about her 18th birthday. I'll be honest with you, her's was a tad more eventful, but I think mine ended on a happier note.

It has been a fascinating whirlwind, and I am enjoying the roller coaster. The race to finish has been an emotional ride for me.
The end will be a breathtaking reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment