"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Personal Deadlines

It has been officially a month since my last post, guess I never did find that Mental Drano I was hoping for.

Well guys, I missed my own deadline on my current WIP. It was set for May 31st, and I am here to say I Failed with a capital F.

But that is okay, I refuse to beat myself up over it. I will gather my wits and jump back into it. It isn't like I have been twiddling my thumbs and humming a sleepy tune. I have revised the first five chapters and slowly but steadily kept up a snail pace at the actual writing bit.

I have a BPL writer’s meeting this Sunday so maybe that will help kick me in gear. It didn’t last time, though I did meet a published Author, Sarah Hoyt. I have never read anything by her, but she was extremely nice and gave helpful advice, sharing experiences of her own hurdles she has had to overcome. Maybe I will pick up a book by her and see how her imagination works.

In the mean time, I am going to go back to staring blankly at my computer screen. Hey at least I have had a chance to catch up on some really good music…

My new deadline, finish WIP by the time summer is over.
Can I accomplish my objective and overcome my own personal hell? Maybe you should wish me luck and cross your fingers with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment