"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Saturday, March 20, 2010

Courage

I have a BPL meeting tomorrow afternoon and the work I submitted has me nervous.

You hear that some of the best writings are from a writers personal experience of a situation.
I took a personal experience from my past and knitted it into a story outline. I am not very far into it, only 6000 words, but I have only just begun writing four days ago. It is the best work I have done so far and I only hope I have the courage to finish this one. Though I am not feeling very courageous. In fact this one has been straining emotionally. Just last night writing a scene I found myself weeping for my main character, Mady. How scary is that? She is only make believe. Right?

I have started ten different projects in the past 2 years and have yet to complete any of them. In fact, even this one has been attempted two times prior.

They say third times a charm... Maybe this is my charm.

1 comment:

  1. Amber, I am so proud of you for doing this. You are way more courageous than I am. I have always wanted to be a writer, but I figured I lost my imagination along the way. I have been taking steps in the past couple of months to revive my sleeping imagination. Who knows? Keep up the good work. I would love to read your work. I'm betting it is better than you think.

    ReplyDelete