"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Strengthening the Brain

It has been a while. Sometimes life is hectic, and I do not see it slowing down anytime during the month of March. This is alright with me, I enjoy a busy life. It leaves less time for the mind to go sour!

I do wish for additional time to write further some days. Though I am not sure if this week's lack of words on paper is more of being too busy or tired, or of me being intimidated by my own thoughts. I seem to struggle more with key points in my book that I know need to be in my WIP. This is what slows me down, these moments I almost call it quits, forget writing, it is just too hard for me. But I enjoy this, I feel invigorated when the words are no longer visual scenes floating around in my head.
For years I thought I was crazy. I'd drive, daydream, shower and have these strangers act out parts in my head. I wish I had thought to put it all on paper sooner. There are days that I feel like I have wasted a big chunk of my life because I never thought to pursue my imagination. So no I can't quit just because it becomes difficult.

As the saying goes, What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment