"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Sunday, March 28, 2010

Goals

I set a goal for myself on this WIP, and so far I am ahead of my own game. A quick writer would not describe me in any form. But this currant WIP, I have averaged 1500 words a day and given that I have a limited amount of time to sit down and concentrate, that is an excellent number for me. Being as I still have a long way to go, here is hoping my goal is achieved through out till the end.

I think I have become entirely too wrapped up in this character in the short time since I have created her. There have been moments where I cried for her and had to call a friend to make fun of myself. The character's life is sad, hard, unhappy with very little to give her hope to get through each day. What does that say about me since I am the one who made her who she is. Maybe I am that good! Or that crazy!
I submitted my first chapter to my BPL group last week and I received satisfying reviews, so it gives me hope at least.
That is it for now, hopefully I will have better posts when my mind slags for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds very encouraging! I think what it says about you is that you know how to bring out a character's complexities, which makes it a more fasciating read. Keep up the good work & keep blogging! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete