"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dr. Suess and His Wisdom

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes, I can get lost for hours in a good book. A good book has me disappointed that I have reached the end. I will read just about anything as long as it isn't too sad. But there have been those rare moments that I find myself reading the same first two pages over and over, and it just doesn't hold my interest. BUT then I feel horrible guilty because the Author put time and effort into making their dream come true and here I can't even get through the first chapter... I know, I am probably nuts for these moments.
Oh well.

My favorite thing to come across are those books that hold my attention and then finding out that the Author is from Texas. Just the other day I came across a link for a YA called The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley and she is from right here close by. I think I am going to pick it up this weekend, it sounds like a good book.

Speaking of Authors,

Yesterday was the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, also known as Dr. Seuss. At my my sons school they were told to bring in their own Seuss books this week. We dug out one that I bought him when he was less than a year old, Oh The Places You'll Go! This book has been hidden away on the bookshelf for years. I have always HATED this book from the one and only time I have ever read it to him. Oh how I remember the fit I threw to my husband over this being a children's book, 7 years ago...

Boy was I stupid.
We read the book together tonight, and this is a book that we should ALL have a copy of. Keep it by our nightstand even and read it once a week, some of us nightly.

Yes, the message is a bit advanced for a baby, even tonight there were a lot of explanations as to why, or what a passage meant. But overall, we should all keep in mind that life isn't easy, but you can do anything, be anything and we must always remember to enjoy the ride no matter how many times we fall down, get lost or enter scary places. In the end, you have to make your dreams come true. We are responsible as to what kind of journey we took in this one life we have been given.

Oh The Places We Can Go!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment