"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” - Emerson



Monday, March 29, 2010

The Disturbed Miss. Woods

I found myself having a conversation, with a friend from work, about a fictional story her daughter wrote for school. Of course my weakness for reading all things readable had me asking to see her paper.

Let me just say…
Miss. Woods, I can see why your teacher was perturbed and wanted to send you to the counselor.

However, it was excellent for a piece that dialogue was not allowed, descriptive, disturbing, and roughly realistic. Ever think about being a writer?
I hadn’t at her age, but I never let anyone even know that I took pleasure in writing, let alone see what I had written.

No comments:

Post a Comment